1. Tower Insurance makes a game out of safe driving. - Stuff.co.nz
With their new smartphone app, families finally have a way to settle all those arguments about who among them is the better/safer driver. Good feedback and points are accumulated for safe braking, smooth acceleration, good cornering and driving at safe speeds under the speed limit. Once every journey is complete, the app gives your score as well as feedback on how to improve next time. This has led 74% of drivers to improve their scores over time.
2. NIB launches new travel insurance. - Scoop.co.nz
NIB is partnering with global travel insurance provider World Nomad Group to offer travel insurance to Kiwis along with their current health and medical insurance business. This marks NIB's continued expansion in the NZ marketplace after purchasing TOWER medical in 2012.
3. Rise in amount of Insurance and Superannuation Jobs available. - Scoop.co.nz
The latest data from SEEK has revealed a month to month jump of 40% in the amount of insurance and superannuation jobs available, much of the growth coming from Auckland and Canterbury.
4. Health Insurance Claims hit $1 billion for the year. - Good Returns
The milestone was reached in the March quarter with insurance funded healthcare in NZ passing $1,000 million. The number of policy holders over the age of 65 continued to grow with the number reaching 150,000 in March.
5. NZ Government asking for everyday Kiwis flag suggestions - Standfor.co.nz
Submissions for new flag designs and what we stand for are being requested by the NZ government. What do you stand for?
6. Health: Study links long car commutes to weight gain. - NZ Herald
People who have changed from their routine of driving to work to walking, cycling or using public transportation lost significant amounts of weight. The research was led by the University of East Anglia in the UK. The longer the commute, the more the weight loss as commutes over 10 minutes leading to a loss of 2kg and a huge 7kg on average for journeys of more than 30 minutes.
7. Opinion: Is Auckland a housing bubble and will it burst? - NZ Herald
Every month we read news about soaring Auckland house prices, with the figures just becoming more and more bloated and out of reach of everyday Kiwis. Is this a permanent trend or a housing bubble that is set to burst?
Visit us at www.sprattfinancial.co.nz.