- You are 60 or older and are ineligible for typical forms of disability income protection.
- You work in a 'high risk' profession and have trouble getting approved for Income Protection Insurance.
- You want to protect your income should something happen, but you find traditional forms of income protection insurance too expensive for your budget.
- You wish to add the most cost effective form of income insurance to an existing insurance portfolio.
- You have income protection, but are concerned about rising costs as you age.
The key differences between a Personal Accident and Illness policy and a traditional Disability Income Protection policy are:
- Unlike income protection, there is no age limit, making this a good option for those over 60 who are still active in the work force.
- The policy will include a maximum claim term, for instance a year or two years of claim payouts before the benefits will cease.
- The policy is not guaranteed to renew each year and will be reviewed by the insurer based on your current health conditions and claim payout history.
- Thus in most cases, a personal accident and illness policy will be less expensive than an Income Protection policy.
If you think a personal accident and illness policy could be right for you or you have any questions, use the form here or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our professional insurance team will get right back to you. All of our services are completely free and with no obligation to proceed, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.